Friday, December 2, 2011

Chairs

Each year our school has an art show and family and friends are invited to decorate a chair and then donate it to be auctioned with proceeds going to the school.  Chairs make a couple of hundred dollars each. 

This year my idea was to screenprint our postcode onto fabric and then recover a chair. 

I found a great stool to cover at the Tip Shop at Reservoir.  I bought the fabric at Rathdowne Remnants (it is heavy duty synthetic stretchy stuff).  I was very happy with the results. 

And then someone donated a chair to the school that I couldn't resist recovering with hessian and tacks.  It is very 2011, but I am a little concerned as to how it will stand the test of time. Whilst all the rage in current home magazines, it seems to me that tacks and hessians aren't the most robust materials when combined as a chair covering material, and I had to glue and screw the chair in the first place.  Anyway, it looks good.  Just as I imagined.  Fingers crossed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment